Attending a Sister Supporter Demo:
What are we trying to achieve at our demos?
We aim to collect signatures, raise awareness, offer protection, gather evidence, provide a visible opposition and engage with the community.
- Table monitor
- Information. Hand out our literature from the table, and ask for signatures where appropriate
- Escort (further down the street, either side of the clinic)
- Line (backs to clinic)
- Log keeper. One person each demo needs to record all interactions between pro-life members and patients and pro-lifers and Sister Supporter members
- Police communicator. Send logs to the Police after demos
- Do not engage in any negative conversation or behaviour towards the anti-life group. Do not belittle their religion or beliefs, keep the focus on being PRO – choice and not ANTI them
- Do not interact with any patients of the clinic unless directly approached.
- Avoid facing the clinic, especially the two entrance/exit gates
- Make it clear to Sister Supporter’s that anyone can be involved at whatever level they are comfortable with
- When approached by Police Officers, be polite and co-operative but do not disclose any information. Try and refer the Officers to either Eve, Anna or Carole
- Keep noise to a minimum so as not to disrupt patients in the clinic. (No music, shouting etc.)